19 Point Checkup for Emergency Steps to consider and implement now:
Though it may be hard not to panic when the grocery store shelves are empty, the number of confirmed cases of COVID-19 keeps rising, and we see sobering statistics across the globe … we will not overcome this challenge with a panicked response.
Nonetheless, there are certain things we all need to be doing right now – and your public health officials are the best resource on how to stay personally safe and help prevent the virus from spreading.
When it comes to the seriousness of this outbreak, however, there also are some critical estate planning decisions you should make – or review – right now.
Ask yourself these questions:
- Who will make medical decisions for me should I become severely ill and unable to make these decisions myself?
- Who will make my financial decisions in that same situation — for example, who will be authorized to sign my income tax return, write checks or pay my bills online?
- Who is authorized to take care of my minor children in the event of my severe illness? What decisions are they authorized to make? How will they absorb the financial burden?
- If the unthinkable happens – what arrangements have I made for the care of my minor children, any family members with special needs, my pets or other vulnerable loved ones?
- How will my business continue if I were to become seriously ill and unable to work, even remotely … or in the event of my death?
- How can I protect my home, spouse and life savings if I needed a nursing home?
These are the most personal decisions to make right now to protect yourself and your loved ones during this emergency. Now is also a good time to ask yourself if you have plans in place for the smooth transfer of your assets and preservation of your legacy.
We are here for clients as well as friends, family, neighbors and the community in which we live and serve to help you discover where problems exist now as well as your opportunities for improvement. With our unique counseling you will understand the ramifications of your choices, so you are confident to sign your critical life, disability, estate, elder law and asset protection plans with the mandatory legal documents.
ALL OF OUR clients receive a wallet card for 24/7 emergency health care access for who to call in and emergency as well as the electronic 24/7 access to the required legal documents for EMTs and emergency health workers to speak with them on you’re and your family’s behalf. This applies to any one 18 years of age and older. We are currently providing BOTH remote education and counseling discovery sessions conferences for your convenience. Schedule a call now and let us help you make the right choices for yourself and your loved ones.
We are ready to help walk you through these decisions, understand the ramifications of your choices, and memorialize your plans in binding legal documents. We are currently providing BOTH remote discovery education and counseling sessions for your convenience. Schedule your unique 19-point discovery and personal counseling session now.
It is our goal to provide our clients with the highest level of legal services in the areas of Last Will and Testaments, Living Trusts, Protective Trusts, Irrevocable Trusts, Estate Planning, Probate, Asset Protection, and complete Business Planning. If you or someone you know needs information on Massachusetts Estate, Elder Law and Asset Protection Planning, please register today for your personalized discovery and review counseling sessions at 800-964-4295 or on line at DSullivan.com. Now is the time to gain control and peace of mind with your unique 19 Point Trust Estate and Asset Protection Review Discovery Counseling and Protection Process. You will even be eligible for our Lifetime Protection Program, developed and improved over 14 years of service for Massachusetts and Metro West families helping them protect their home, spouse, family, legacy and life savings for generations.